Best Solo Bike rides in Delhi | Vrindavan Bike ride

Solo Ride - Vrindavan

Are you planning to go on a Solo Bike Trip from Delhi to Vrindavan?? If yes, you are at the right place. I got a chance to visit this place solo on my bike, the Royal Enfield Electra.



Vrindavan is a small town in Mathura District of Uttar Pradesh. It is famous as Lord Krishna spent his childhood days over here. The town is around 10 kms from Mathura, the birthplace of Lord Krishna. The town hosts many temples that are famous for worship of Lord Krishna and Radha Rani.

It all begin with a group of friends who made a plan to visit this place by Car, however due to some extenuating circumstances their plan was cancelled. Not to spoil my plan, I decided to visit this place Solo on a Bike. Vrindavan is around 170 kms from New Delhi (Dwarka). As it was my first solo ride, I decided to take a spare accelarator, clutch wire, just in case some emergency.

I started off my journey at 5:00 AM in the morning and headed towards the Faridabad-Mathura highway. From Faridabad, I took the Palwal highway and headed towards Hodal (a small town on borders of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana). I took my first pitstop at Hodal and had tea. Dont forget to inform the Dhaba wala to put less sugar otherwise your tea would be Sharbat (lots sugar without taste of tea).
Vrindavan -Solo Ride on Bullet
Vrindavan -Solo Ride on Bullet


Without any further stops I reached Vrindavan at around 9:00 AM. I had booked Hotel Anand Krishna Van in Vrindavan. I requested the Hotel Manager to allow a Early Check-in which he accepted. The Hotel is built out of a temple and one should expect pure Vaishnav food (without onions and garlic).

Hotel Anand Krishna Van - Vrindavan
Hotel Anand Krishna Van - Vrindavan


The Hotel was awesome. I checked in, rested for half an hour. After that, I headed towards the temples as they close by 12:00 noon.

The main temples to visit while you are in Vrindavan are as:

  • Sri Radha Madana Mohana Temple
  • Sri Radha Govinda Temple
  • Sri Radha Damodar Temple
  • Sri Radha Shyamasundara Temple
  • Sri Radha Ramana Temple
  • Sri Radha Gokulananda Temple
  • Sri Radha Gopinatha Temple
  • Sri Radha Bankey Bihari Temple
  • Sri Radha Vallabh Temple
  • Sri Radha Vamshidhar-Jaganmohan Temple
  • Sri Katyayani Temple
  • Ranganath Temple
  • Gopehswar Mahadev
  • ISKCON Vrindavan
  • Prem Mandir
  • Jagannath Temple
  • Nidhivan
  • Shah Ji Temple
  • Radha Sneh Bihari Ji Temple

I visited the temples and reached hotel by 9:00 PM and after dinner dozed off for the day. I woke by 7 in the morning, completed my morning ablutions and checked out of the Hotel and went to Mathura, where I visited the Krishna Janam Bhoomi, the Birth place of Lord Krishna. The temple is built on Prison, where Lord Krishna was born. I purchased the famous Peras from Brijwasi which is opposite side of the temple. 

I also ate the famous Kachoris and drank Lassi and headed towards New Delhi alone on my bike. Without a stop, I reached New Delhi by 3:00 PM. It was really awesome solo ride. 

3 comments: